Beautiful Quilt to Share

• 7 months later...

Barbara,

Most of todays computers have a program called Paint. It comes with Windows

and you an find it by navigating to Start - Programs - Accessories - Paint.

Inside Paint, use your mouse to left-click File - Open - and locate your photo where it is stored on your computer.

Once the photo displays inside Paint, click Image - Attributes to see the current size of your photo.

600 x 480 (or thereabouts) is a good size to post. But before you resize it, do a Save As to save

the photo with a different name, like Inserra-Mariner-640x480.jpg. This way you don't overwrite

your original photo. As soon as you do the 'save as', the name at the top of the Paint window

changes so you'll know what image you are working on.

Now to make this new one smaller. Still in Paint, click Image - Stretch/Skew.

The Stretch/Skew window opens. Notice the Stretch pane shows 100% for horizontal and

vertical. Change those 100's to 25's. Click Ok.

Click Image - Attributes to see the new size of your photo. Adjust, if necessary.

Click File - Save.

At the APQS forum, when you're posting, click the Browse button next to Attachment and find your

newly-sized photo and attach it.

Then we can all see your great quilting.

bstucker600x450.jpg

Let me know if you get stuck, bstucker.:P

Rammona:.... That was some of the best instuctions for posting a photo, I've read yet, I printed it so I could keep it handy for the first quilt I finnish. ;)

My Milli. (named Garcie after my Mom) is coming the first week in May, it's an adoption (used mach.) from Ont. Sue Patten in handleing everything (she's great). :D

I've read so many of your replys to questions asked on this forum. You're so helpful, and posative, a real treat to read , thanks from all those you've helped, I know I will be able to ask many of the dumb "newbie" questions that will come up in the future, & get the right answers from you & all the other Lar's out there.

I've been reading this forum alot lately, some great info out there , makes me think I can do this. ;)

Archived