Help I'm stuck!!!!

I just kept thinking I would somehow automatically become inspired, but it just hasn\'t happened. I am new, have a Millie, have quilted on it for myself, mostly meandering. But, a friend has given me a top, which we both put one together at our local quilt shop \'block of the month\'.. It is a sampler, each block being different and I just am clueless as to how to even start. Luckily my good friend has no suggestions, however I do it will be just fine with her... Since I\'m new, I have no history to look back on for any kind of help... So, I\'m seeking it from you kind folks... It\'s an Eleanor Burns Pioneer sampler quilt!!!

meemaw marilyn

Meemaw marilyn,

The first thing you have to decide is do you want to treat each quilt block separately or treat the quilt as one. You could jsut do a panto over the whole thing or you could do something different to each block. This is actually a great quilt to try out other things that you have been wanting to try. You could do continuous curves in each block with different designs. You can probably also go to webshots and get some ideas. Just relax and have fun.

Do you have sashings & borders in the quilt? If so you could treat each border differently, and all the sashings the same. Then quilt each block differently. The very first large quilt that I quilted on my Millie was a sampler. You can see it in my webshots under "2006 quilts". Its the first 4 or 5 shots in that album.

It does help to look at webshots to get other ideas, well I guess I should say just any ideas... I think maybe I\'m making this too hard, I should just \'do something\'.... I realize that alot of thought goes into this before I ever load the quilt. I guess I just pictured having \'magic\' hands & going to town on quilts & not having to do alot of thinking, wrong!!!

Thanks again for all your ideas & thoughts, I just need to jump in & take the plunge!!!

meemaw marilyn:D:D:D

Archived