George's companion bobbin winder

Mrs.A

So...fellow George owners:

It is clear to me now that George is happiest when I sew with polyester thread. However, when I use the bobbin winder with that skinny, smooth poly thread, it has a tendency to tangle...it doesn\'t wind smoothly on the bobbin. So far the bobbins have been sewing all right, but does anyone have a tip for a smoother wind with our little machine?

Mrs. A, I have a George and use Cotton signature or Maxi-lock swirls(100% polyester). so far I use the same top and bottom with good luck. I do have different bobbin cases so do not need to adjust with each thread change, and have no trouble with winding either on the winder. the winder does go pretty fast, but have figured out how to use it without too much distress, on my part. I thought someone had said once there was a way to slow down the winder but I might have dreamt that to. Judy

Mrs. A. - sorry for late post. Having problem sending replies.

Re: bobbin winder - I had problems at beginning and found i was not threading it correctly. Make sure you go over the threading procedure esp. threading through the two eyes at the tension point.

I also found that it helps me by putting the bobbin on a surge protector with an on/off switch. I don\'t put the button on \'til I have it all set to go. This way the start is smooth. Hope this helps. Emily

Archived