Slow (red) button not working

Hello,

I have moved my mother's Millie to my home and just finished setting it up. I've loaded up some fabric and started to go through the instructions for the buttons. I've found that the slow/red button does not work, from the front or back of the machine. What do I need to do to fix this?

Also, is the machine supposed to chime everytime the machine is switched on?

TIA

Joann

Hi Tina,

I've checked all of the connections, including disconnecting the one by the front handles and reconnecting it. I wanted to see if any of the pins looked damaged..........they all look fine. All of the other buttons work.

The chime is one that you hear when you turn the power on. It sounds like a door chime. I was wondering about this, because sometimes I didn't hear it...........I think that it was when I turned the machine back on a few seconds after turning it off.

Is there a low bobbin alert on this machine?

Thanks so much for your help.

Joann

Hi Joan,

Yes, the doorbell sound is normal. We disconnected it on the new machines and that is why they don't hear it.. It is also o.k. that it doesn't do it all the time!

We can disconnect yours, but you would have to take both the top covers off and call me, I could walk you through it!

As far as the button issue, unplug the front and try it from the back, if it doesn't work, unplug the back and re-plug in the front and try it! If still no luck, call me and we can do some trouble shooting with your red l.e.d. lights on the top of the machine.. I'm sure it is nothing to major, so don't worry! Probably just need a new switch.. but we need to determine if it is the front or back one!

Let me know!

Archived