Possible upgrade for me

I have to send my machine in to the shop and I was thinking about an upgrade. Those of you that got the upgrade or the new machine, do you think it\'s worth it? The changes are:

1. new lighting, & removing the bar

2. On/Off switch moved to center.

3. New faceplate and rear plates. Do they work differently??

Am I missing anything? I wouldn\'t think about it other than the fact I have to send it in anyway.

Hi!

I upgraded. The lighting is a definite plus, and I do not miss the bar. I have CompuQuilter, so all my wiring that was retrofitted is pretty much contained. I just got my machine this past week and had to be out of town almost as soon as I got the head off and sent back.

I think the new machine is quieter, and the balance seems a little different.

The off/on is good.

Silly me, I liked the old faceplate better, but this is probably not important....they work the same. The only thing is you can see from the lights on the faceplate if you have channel locks on, which I think would be helpful for a newbie.

I think the three years new warantee is a good thing, but don\'t know how old your machine is.

I expect to love this machine a long time.

Hi Carol

There are a few other things on the 2008 head.

The laser module that plugged into the back of the machine is now internally wired so no black box,

there are now 7 (I think) elecontronic boards instead of two, cheaper to replace if you ever needed to,

if you pay for the compluter wiring you\'ll just be able to plug in the computer instead of having a box on the top and an external wire from the daughter b oard and wiring from the back right handle,

for Canadians and Australians we now don\'t need a step down transformer

I\'ve ordered mine so that I have it when Quilt Studio is released.

Best wishes

sue in australia

Archived