Sending get well wishes to JoAnn Hoffman...

JoAnn,

What a bummer but at least you can still sew. I fell out of a tree 3 years ago and crushed my shoulder, (no cast there) and had 35 quilts waiting to do..Just had to sit still for 5 weeks, and the doctor told me I wouldn\'t be quilting for about 10-12 weeks but I had a quilt on the frame 5 1/2 weeks after the accident (it just needed basting)..but I have broken my foot in the past with a cast clean up to my hip.. the one thing you need to do is keep that leg elevated, that will help it heal much quicker..Can hardly wait to see your broken bone project..I\'m sure you will do something really fabulous while you have this down time.

Hey JoAnn!

We can be "walker-buddies"! :P I get my knee done in July and will be on a walker, too--you\'ll have to show me the ropes!

Oh, dang-it, what a thing to happen to you, just as summer is starting--or trying to start. We\'ve had freeze warnings up here in Duluth, too. I\'m so sorry you\'re injured---not fun! I hope you heal fast. I\'ll be thinking about you! At least with a long-arm, you don\'t have to push a pedal, so you\'ll be stitchin\' away in no time....or not. Maybe this will be some well-deserved down-time. Or.....you could get a little red wagon to put your casted leg in and just move back and forth on your good ankle. Won\'t work, huh? Oh well, seemed like a good idea.

Take care, Cowgirl,

Claudia Myers

Call you the bionic woman now with that (steel reinforced?) ankle. Just think how strong the other leg is going to be from all that hopping. You\'ll probably start counting all the hops from the car parking lot to the doctor\'s office. I still have two plates and eight screws in my left ankle and can\'t even tell they are there except at airport security. They sure do give me the wand test every time.

Now you can use the handicapped toilet stalls with your walker but you will notice how far away all the women\'s restrooms are. Men always have the advantage. Thank you to Wal-Mart and the grocery stores for those motorized, sit-down, carts. Scooting up the stairs on your bum is really quite fun. Enjoy your new experience. Your empathy for people stuck in wheelchairs and those who have permanent impairment will increase.

After six days with my broken ankle I went boating with the help of friends and there were so many laughable times. May you have some rich stories to go with your event. Consider your cast signed with love from all of us. Here\'s a photo of a pink rose quilt from Paducah to cheer you up.

Vicki

post--13461899738517_thumb.jpg

Joanne,

Having gone through rehab with a left broken foot and a rught broken shoulder at the same time, I have tons of compassion for you. Take the time to heal, digitize, and hopefully quilt too. ANd a good reason to get someone to do all the household chores.

Deb

Jo Ann,

Where did you find ice in May? It\'s so good of you to take care of stray kittens...If all people were as responsible as quilters are, there would never be any STRAY kittens. As another soul that saves cats (and dogs), I thank you so much for this kindness.

Lora

Archived