Sending get well wishes to JoAnn Hoffman...

she broke her ankle last night going out to feed some stray kittens after an ice storm.:( She had surgery last night and gets a walking cast next week.

I was talking to her this afternoon and she mentioned she was stretched out on the couch recovering from last night. She was being good and doing what the Doctor said she needed to do.:)

JoAnn...I hope you don\'t mind me mentioning this on our chat, but I know a lot of quilters will be thinking about you :) And want to wish you a speedy recovery:)

Cheryl

Hi JoAnn - I\'m praying for you & wishing a speedy recovery. Get yourself a long knitting needle - You\'ll need it to be able to scratch down inside that cast!! I learned from experience. (long story).........hum, no you don\'t want to know:P. Hang in there and do what the Dr\'s tell you to do. Get yourself a good sketch book so you can doodle your quilting ideas out and have them for when you are MO BETTA..;)

JoAnn, now that isn\'t the right attachment or accessory called for in quilting.. Geesh.. lol, at least you get some body rest..

I am sorry to hear of this, and pray you do have an uneventful recovery..

Mind your Dr. and better sense, and take care..

Hope you are able to post soon..

RitaR

JoAnn,

Darn!!

You are so doting to your little animals, I know they will help you feel better! ;)

Sorry to hear about your fall, speedy recovery to you!:)

Oh NO! Bummer to the maxxxx! Trying to help some poor little kitty cats...and see what happens!

:(

Oh well...try to look on the bright side, JoAnn,,, at least you can lay on the couch and digitize to your heart\'s content!

LOL (sorry but just trying to make you smile) :)

Maybe you can cuddle up with those kittens you saved and their little purrs will make you feel better? Animals are great therapy.

Get well soon, sweet heart.

Sorry to hear you\'re laid up but hope your recovery is speedy. Having a cast on in the summer is a real \'bummer\', but you sure will have the time to digitize alot of your wonderful designs.

Follow Dr.\'s orders and get well soon, Renae

Wow joann so sorry to hear this. I pray for your speedy recovery.

I love animals like you. What a sweetheart.

Keep us posted on your recovery. You know we all love ya.

Be a good girl and MIND the Doctor. lol

Hugs and Best wishes,

Grammie

Well shucks Joann! Tsk Tsk Tsk, if your gonna do it up right, do it in the winter months! Ya know, when hubby has to do all the cooking for the in-laws, and family members coming for the holidays! LOL.

Get better soon. God speed on your recovery. I\'ve had a broken foot, I know what the next 7 - 8 weeks will be like. At least you can sit on a stool and quilt soon.

Get better fast!!! and do mind the doc.

I have been laid up multiple times (back and foot surgeries) - set my sewing machine up at the kitchen counter and finished all my xmas gifts during recovery - too uncomfortable to sit for long periods. Never wasted a minute and it sure made the recovery go quicker!!

Good luck and take care of yourself & hopefully you have seen the last of the cold weather for this year!!

Meg:cool:

Get well quickly Joann! I know about the yukky walkers, I just use mine because it gives me a place to sit when I need to, or to lean on when that\'s all I need. People look at me funny when I walk along hlding it by one handle and pushing it in front of me like I\'m taking it for a walk. I do use the seat to take the weight off of one foot or the other by putting my knee on the seat and resting my weight on that to take a step. I know, clear as mud! :D Please take care of you for us!

Archived