baby quilt

First "real quilt" loaded today. Yip, I\'m a newbie.

Thought I knew what I wanted to do, but then when I loaded it, I have no idea what to do. How do you decide what design to do on a quilt.

My first thought was a medium meander in the body, it is pinwheels, stitch in the ditch the first border, stem and little viney curly ques in the outer border and then thought maybe circles in the 4 corner blocks. Anyone have a suggestion?

I get really inspired by the books I have gotten and looked and read over and over, again and again, then when I look at it loaded, blank city. Nothin\'.

Help please.

I have the Millie. I have pieced quilts for a long time and decided this was what I wanted to do, quilt my own. Don\'t think I\'ve see the Chantily Lace panto. What site can I go to see it? I think I am just going to go for as Kenna suggested. What is it going to hurt. Think the baby will care? I made it, but don\'t have a baby in mind for it. Just felt like making one. Think I am planning too much in it or should I just go for the medium meandering. I hope I can get really good at this.

I love the chat and I have already learned soooo much from it already.

Thanks for the replies. Keep them coming. I need all the help I can get.

Wow Ruthie. There are alot of longarmers around Lafayette. Glad I didn\'t buy one for going into a business. I\'d probably lose my shirt. I\'ve been chatting wiht a very nice lady from Chicago. We are both newbies. She also is staring with a baby quilt.

Archived