Need your ideas

This is our BOM. I need ideas on quilting. The very center is the Baton Rouge Block. I do know that I will quilt "Red Stick Red Stick Red Stick etc" around that block with Superior red metallic thread.

Some of the blocks in the outside border disappear. (Most of the blocks are 12"X12".) I need to quilt something around them so they will show up.

Any help is appreciated.

In advance I thank you for you suggestions.

post--13461899895718_thumb.jpg

Sandra,

Pretty Quilt. I think if you SID the star block and then do arcs in the outside it would make it stand out and look like itwas spinning. I would linedance all the geese. You have lots of background and I would do something really showy in that. I would SID all the applique and probably do cross-hatching in the outside border, or even curved cross-hatching. I can\'t tell you why but I\'m seeing diamonds in that inner white border. See the quilt I did for my daughter here and I think this has a place in your quilt as well. The nice thing is it was really easy to do! http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=9921&page=1#pid88633

Can\'t wait to see it done.

Heidi,

Did you use a stencil for the diamonds? I love your quilt. I hope to have this one done to bring to Camp Mowana.

I was thinking of doing some type of fleur-de-lis in the big open triangles -- maybe with faux trapunto -- or sometype of Louisiana symbols. I really like the diamon idea b/c I was not sure what

I could do in that border to make the the quilting show up.

Thanks

Sandra

Archived