Made a mistake turned out great

I grabbed my Quilters white water soluble pencil, and drew on quilt only to find out I was using my DH Welding White Pencil. Too my surprise I dabbed it with a damp cloth, and the white marks disappeared! I tested on some other dark fabric and the same thing. DH says he buys them by the whole box. Lot cheaper then the one\'s I have been using.

Its Made in USA Berol Verithin Blano #734 White.

I am loving it, It has a sharper point and easy to use.

DH thought they could be purchased at the Office Supply Store, of course he gets his from the Welding Supply.

:cool:

I have found there are ALOT of things we use we can get cheaper at another place-i.e. hardware store, office or teaching suppy store etc.!! Even the grocery or Costco (I will NEVER need to buy another pkg of freezer paper!!) My apologies to the quilt shop owners out there!!

Sewhappy

I used to use those Berol Verithin pencils for marking quilts years ago. (tip: the silver, "argent #753" is excellent to mark lighter colors). Got them at an art supply store (where they were NOT cheaper), but cannot find them anymore. Does anyone know a good online source? Or a place I can get them when I go to California next month?

PS. I didn\'t know they sold freezer paper at Costco! I\'m on my way.

Archived