still wobbly star

Berny

Thanks Sue for your reply. I did tighten the Y axis but it\'s still wobbly.The wires seem tight. I\'m not sure what you mean by the tension block that holds the wire??

Is their a manual or something that explains what to do when we run into trouble??

I desperately need to fix this problem as I\'m suppose to go on holidays for a few days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Berny

Hi Berny

The tension block (clamp) is the piece of metal that the wire is attached to which you release when you want to sew without compuquilter. Hold it firm in one hand and try to pull the wire it should not move.

Another thing to try is, check the screws that hold the head axles in place under the machine, they may have come loose.

Good luck

Sue in Australia

Hi Berny

I think we all call them different things. I mean the alumuminium bars that the carriage wheels are bolted to. Also In between them is a black bar for the CQ. If they are loose it will affect movement of the machine and accuracy of CQ.

Best wishes

sue

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the help. My husband was able to follow your directions. The stars are 100% better but still a slight wobble. This I think I will have to live with.

Have a great day and thanks again. I don't know what I would do without this forum and your help when I reach my frustration point.

Berny

Archived