Clipping bobbin thread when done

I have a Freedom SR. When ending stitching - how to pull up bobbin thread to either 1) tie off or 2) do a couple of back stitches and want to pull up bobbin thread to clip.

I can do the start a-ok - it's clipping at the end of stitching - when changing threads or moving to another area to stitch - that I haven't gotten the knack.

Shortcuts, ideas, is my question clear?

Thanks!!!

When you have finished a line of stitching, pull the machine head several inches away from the last stitch, then bring it back, needle down and back up and move the head again. This will give you your bobbin thread that you can clip. Try it...it does work.

Laura,

I know what ya mean...I hit the thread cutter button, then do a jig and say, "dang it, dang it, dang it!" Doesn't work...I'll do it again next time too :P:D I'm trying very hard not to use the thread cutter. I am at about 50% right now. Now that I say that...I'll start really forgetting, then I will give up.

Mary Beth, I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to have trouble with the bobbin thread cutter. I like bringing my threads up at the end like you said and sometimes I hit the thread cutter button too. I don't think it works quite like I think it should so I'm trying to wean off of it too. Other than that my millie, Annabella, rocks!:D

Archived