Crossstitch quilt top HELP

This is a customers quilt I will be putting on the table Thursday. The pic is only half the quilt. There are 12 blocks and they are large (14" each) the 14" is just the block not the border. They become 21" each w/ border, the quilt is 85 x 110. Normally I would keep traditional but with the very bright borders I'm wondering if something else should be done. I would really appreciate some ideas, both traditional and non-traditional. Thank you,

2454394210103666079S425x425Q85.jpg

2804350800103666079S425x425Q85.jpg

Hi Jolene, I have done many cross-stitch quilt tops. I like to outline the main designs with a thread that matches the fabric, adding quilting where its needed to keep the blocks from getting too pufffy. If there is a lot of open background space, you might need a little fill -- but these don't look like they'd need much, if any. They turn out really nice, and really don't take all that long. With these bright - fun borders, you could run a running loop design, or some curls in them and it would be really cute. If I could figure out to post some pictures -- I'd show you a some that I've done.

Archived