Denver Quilt Shops

I have a wonderful opportunity to accompany my husband to the Denver area on an extended business trip. It will leave me with three days while he is off in meetings. I just know that some of you out there can tell me what quilt shops I should visit!

I am sure that you can help me;) find something to occupy my time :)

I live in Ft. Collins, but when in Denver I LOVE Great American Quilt Factory - - the people are great, as are Tomorrow's Heirlooms (north of the city). The Creative Needle is another shop that sponsors a lot of our PBS shows, but it's one I haven't managed to get to - - yet!

And if you can manage it, the Rocky Mtn Quilt museum in Golden is a must - - you can find so much inspiration for quilt motifs.

There are also a few smaller neighborhood shops which should be listed in the local phone books - - are there really any bad quilt shops?

When are you coming? There is a shop hop August 1-3 with 9 of the quilt shops. It is a mystery quilt this year with piecing and applique. The shops involved are:

1. Harriets Treadle Arts (Wheatridge)

2. The Patch Works (Lafayette)

3. Dry Creek QUilts (Broomfield)

4. Fabric Expressions (Littleton)

5. The Creative Needle (Littleton)

6. Great American Quilt Factory (Denver)

7. Holly's Quilt Cabin (Centennial)

8. High Prairie Quilts (Parker)

9. Tomorrows Heirlooms (Westminster)

Sorry for the long post, there are other quilt stores, but these all seem to have a good selection and variety of quilting items, fabric, etc.

Jen W

Yeah! We will be arriving on July 28 and flying home on August 3. It sounds like we picked a great time to be there. My husband and I will do the touristy thing on the 1st and 2nd but I am sure there will be time for some shop hopping on those days. Thanks for the info Jen!

Donna....I sent you a U2U. Thanks for the offer!

Archived