stitching across a seam

Assuming the seam is not too thick (four converging seams usally push my foot away from where I want it to go) try increasing the machine speed, and how fast you move your machine over the offending seams. It will sound like you are hitting pot holes, but you'll get used to that sound. Sometimes you just have to figure out how to avoid those thick areas, quilting as close as possible to them, and calling it good. I did a quilt with a mix of cotton and chennille fabrics where several seams converged with a pantograph, and had to just let the machine go where it wanted to in those thick areas....fortunately the chennille hid the wobbly stitches. Good luck!:D

Quikdog, what machine are you using? We all have our different ways of doing things, but I slow down if I know I am approaching a bulky seam. I have not had a problem with the machine jumping when hitting a thicker seam. It does sound like a bit different as it goes through a bulky seam but the stitches and path seem to go along just fine.

You may need to adjust the height of your foot but that's a guess on my part.

This has nothing to do with a "jumping" machine.....but thought you might get a chuckle out of our latest fiasco.

When I got my new Millenium, the cat chose that time to have a $411

C-sec....in honor of the new machine, my daughter named the kitten

Millie.

I fed the cats, petted the cats, and didn't pay to much attention to the baby. Yesterday I was picking up the kitten- loving on it and noticed that Millie is not a Millie...She's a MELVIN! The vet sexed the kitten...and we believed him...and I trusted him to do a C-sec? lol

I DO know that the sewing machine IS A MILLIE!

Archived