help, please, w/ ideas

Hi!! I have this little wall hanging quilt to do. It measures 30"x30". She wants a feather wreath in the middle. But I am stumped on what to do with the colored part! I will put my pics of my practicing attempt at a circle wreath and my corner feathers that I am going to put in the middle and corners. Please tell me if you don't think they are good enough for a customer quilt......I will of course keep practicing!!:) Thanks for all your help!!! linda

post--13461900108056_thumb.jpg

Linda-

the first thing I saw was a dart board! If they want to go that way of course numbers and darts along the outside ;). But seriously-how about using the colors inside the wheel to go outside and do other feathers in the matching colors-as tho feather "rays" are extending out. What did the customer say? can you play on this one?

Sewhappy

Sewhappy, Hi! It is supposed to be a color wheel. She definantly wants the feather wreath in the middle and she liked the idea of the corner wreaths (I by mistake posted them in 2 other threads) YOU are saying feathers in the color part too? with mathching color thread???????

Linda-

that would be fine but what if you brought the feathers out of the wheel in the matching colors? Feathers that get larger as they go further out of the wheel? Yellow on yellow etc. following the triangle shape into the white with the feather getting larger as the wheel does but continued to the edge on the white?

Sewhappy

Archived