Size really does matter

Thank you all for your compliments. It was a challenge and I have to admit that even I was surprised at how it came out. ;)

Georgene - a large spiral....where' my checkbook.

Veg-girl - I did do a lot of one-handed quilting while I tugged, pushed, coaxed and smooshed the fabric into submission. I hate to say it but her stuff is like that every time I quilt it.

She was commisioned by somebody back east, maybe a relative. She was hoping that this quilt would attract other people to pay her for making a quilt. I told her that the next one would be priced more realistically.

I have always given a quote when folks drop off quilts. I have an even mix between fixed income and "loaded" customers. I like to let them know what my service will cost them (down to the penny) before they leave that quilt with me. No surprises. So I had given her a quote without really examing or measuring the quilt. That was my mistake. I should just put the 4 corners of a qulit top together and see how it hangs. That will tell me if I am going to have trouble with the quilt. That lesson is right out of Dawn C's "This quilt is going to be trouble" class.

Archived