Self publishing

diane Bevans

I have looked through this site for some referencing on Self-publishing. I have a few patterns I would like to publish and sell on my website. Can anyone out there direct me on how to get started? Did you have to research the copyright on the pattern first? What program or publisher are you using, materials you use, packaging etc? I really need some guidance here. I have checked out books at the library, but not been real successful in finding what I need, so some direction would be helpful. Hope someone is willing to share.

Hi Diane

self publishing is very costly and time consuming, I would suggest you find a good publisher, submit your designs and spend your time designing your patterns while your publisher spends the time and cost to sell and promote your designs. The printing, order taking and shipping is a full time job and I'm sure that having a good publisher working hard for you is much better in the end then tring to do it all yourself. Just a thought. My designs are sold through Golden Threads and I am VERY Happy with how they handle my designs. If you have patterns already done you could contact them and see if they are interested in carring them. Then you can spend time on other things while they work hard to promote you. Good Luck, I hope things work out well for you. I know the Longarm industry is always looking for new and creative designs to market. :)

Archived