HELP!! My hologram thread won't work!

I have had such good luck with every thread I have tried so far, but this one has me stumped!

I bought Signature hologram thread for a snow scene quilt. I have used this type of thread many times in my DSM. I have the horozontil spool holders (1st time using them) and have threaded through the second thread guide (the angled one) then to the tension disk, and on through. This thread, somewhat like tinsel, just wants to stretch and break. Am I asking too much?

Please let me know if anyone has run this type of thread successfully and what you have done. It just seems so tight coming through the disk, even if I loosen it beyond reason. BTW I have a Liberty.

Thanks!

Guest Linda S

You don't have the spool clamped too tightly in the spool holder do you? If you push that end cap on too far, it can make the spool bind up. If that's not the problem, try running it through with some Monopoly as an assist.

Linda

No, I left about 1/4 to 1/2" from the end of the spool to the cap. But it feels all wrong coming out of the disk. I haven't gotten one stitch out of it. The spool is turning very freely. I am wondering if I should skip that three-hole guide at an angle. Maybe that is stretching the thread. I will try it and let you know.............

Caron, when I have tried thinner threads or was having problems, I found that if I only go through the center hole on the three-hole thread guide (closest to the needle), I have had much better luck. It guided the thread the way it needed to go, but didn't put a lot of extra tension on it. Give it a try:cool:

When I use metallic I place my 3 hole thread guide at almost a 90 degree angle to the tension disk. It seem to give the right tension without stretching the thread. I've got hologram thread as well. I'm going to give it a try and I'll let you know how I make out.

Tina

Archived