Needle Jam - HELP

I am fairly new to this site as I recently purchased a used Millennium and am still in the practicing mode. Last night as I was practicing, the needle hit something and broke. In attempting to remove the remaining portion of the needle from the machine, I discovered that it is really jammed in there, and I cannot remove it. I have totally removed the screw that is suppose to hold the needle in, and I am still unable to pull the needle out. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Hi Mitzi,

You can try to rotate your hand wheel in a counter clockwise direction which is the opposite way and see if you can break it loose that way. You might need to get rough with it to pop it loose. :) Call us if you need anything.

800-426-7233

Good luck!

Hi Mitzi,

Get yourself some needle nose pliers too. I recently did something similar, and it was a mess! Be sure and take the bobbin out while you are roughing things around in there.

Keep us posted on how you did, and keep in mind that you might need to re-time the machine after this. It's not difficult, just check the manual.

Thinking of you!

Beth

Just to update you - I actually had a local dealer and service rep come and remove the needle for me. Didn't take him long at all, but he also checked the timing and explained a lot to me of what he was doing, what he was checking for, etc. So while this jammed needle cost me a few pennies, I am glad I met my local service rep. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Archived