extra pigtails

Quiltsinmotion

Would one of be so kind and email me a picture of the ceramic fishing guides you put on your machine for extra pigtails .

I have had a very frustrating week with bad tension . I did a search back 6 months for the thread on this topic . I did find some that said extra pigtails work .

DH needs a picture to see if can steal them from his fishing poles what a sweetie he is :D:D can't find that thread .

Ok I found a picture from Sherry , can't see the eye/loop that thread goes in . Are they just a guide for the thread to lay/pass on ?

Carol, I don't have a pict.

If I understand right, they should be placed where your thread is flopping around, on Penny it's between the hook above the cone of thread and the first 3 hole thread guide, and between that 3 hole guide and the one right above the tension disks..

I've not put any on, so I may be totally void of glue here.. am sure others will come give a better answer in the a.m.

RitaR

I have since taken mine off and actually replaced them with the pigtails from APQS, but what I did was hook them under the screw heads along the top of the machine (since my machine is different this may also be different where the screws are placed)....unscrewed them just enough so that I could get the fishing eye under them and then tightened them down...they worked okay, but I really like the pigtails better.

Archived