Practice designs

I have quite a few miles on a handi-quilter avante with a stitch regulator. Recently I had the opportunity to buy an Ultimate II with no regulator. I've been doing utility quilts working on my rhythm, but I feel I need help. I don't intend to add a stitch regulator as it would cost more than I paid for the Ultimate II.

Yesterday I came across a post of recommended practice patterns...circles in all directions, loops, etc. Does anyone have any idea where I found it? I have searched everywhere I can think of. Obviously I neglected to bookmark or print it. RATZ!

I don't know where you found it, but practice straight lines in all directions, squiggly lines in all directions, cursive e's and l's, cursive s's, swirl in and back out, circles in various sizes, and anything else you can think of to get you going in all directions and quickly changing directions.  The Ultimate II is lightweight and flies on the rails, so you should be doing very well in no time.  Congrats on your purchase.

I would suggest watching some or all of these videos;  I learned a lot from Angela Huffman's videos.  Then get some giveaway quilts from you local guild, and practice on them.  You could also checkout some of Angela Walter's Craftsy instructional videos.  She has both longarm and DSM videos, so be sure to read the class descriptions/reviews to get a longarm centered class.

Cagey

Be sure to check Jamie Wallens free video's on You Tube and his site, "The Quilter's Apothecary".

He has a wealth of information.  And teaches so thoroughly that only a dunkin'dimkin' couldn't

learn from him.  

If anyone has the chance to take one of his classes, do it.  There is so much more than is on a

cd, same topic.

Archived