Videos/ DVDs & books for beginners

Guest hibagredly

Guest hibagredly

Hello,

I'll be getting my Millennium soon & I got the Masteing the art of Mctavishing book & have been enjoying watching the DVD. I was wondering about the instructional dvd that comes with the machine, Is it enough to get me started?

What about Videos/ dvds & books for beginners?

I heard of the Pam Clarke videos, any favorites?

I liked the look of Fancy Feather Frenzy by Linda Taylor.

While i was searching the internet i came upon Fantasy Freehand, Basic Techniques by Nichole Webb Which looked very nice

http://www.nicholewebb.citymax.com/catalog/item/2728469/2219749.htm

I also liked the Darlene Epp books, i might get the 2 books instead of the 3 set for price.

What I'm thinking of is that i don't want a very basic book/ video (At least i think i don't need one), I'm interested in more complex/ challenging quilting designs.

I can't buy all so I'll have to chose some. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Heba

Guest Linda S

Heba - Darlene's books are great. I also have the Nichole Webb DVDs - they are really good. I've finally learned to McTavish and I absolutely love it. A great way to flatten out things that aren't exactly well-pieced, plus it's so much more interesting than your standard stipple. Good luck to you!

Linda

Guest hibagredly

Thank you to Charlene, Judy, Linda A. & Linda S. for all your input.

You have been a lot of help. I'll consider your suggestions & prepare my husband for a major shopping spree over the internet ( yet another one after the purchase of the machine!). Maybe I should wait till the next month's billing cycle just to give the credit card (& hubby) time to .. relax? :P

Just kidding. I won't be buying ALL the books, DVDs, stencils, pantos, rulers, templates & gadgets in sight.

Just a few....

Heba ;)

Now, about fabric & thread, Hummmmmm

I like your thinking Heba!

A little at a time goes a very long way.

As soon as you have mastered one technique, you can purchase another, & another.

Soon you will be knee deep in inspiration!;)

Are you going to be taking any classes in the near future or visit a show? That is $$ well spent!:D

Heba, I just read on another digest that there is a magazine you can subscribe to if you go to www.upmag.info you can read about it. I just subscribed today.

You may have to click a couple of times to get that link to take you there. But it does sound like a useful magazine.

Shirley

Guest hibagredly

Thank you Linda A, Cheryl, JoAnn & Shirley.

Lots of lovely books & Dvd's to chose from. I wouldn't want to be in a time when there were none! The "Unlimited possibilities" magazine sounds great!

I'll be getting a book & a dvd for now untill i get my machine & practise.

YES, I haven't gotten my machine yet. It should be here next week. I hope the weather holds up that day 'cause I'll have to haul the boxes in myself. Or wait till hubby gets back from work. I told him he should take the day off but he thought I was kidding.. sigh

My neighbor is a tiny lady & others are at work!

Better get some plastic sheets & stand guard!:cool:

Heba

Archived