more how to quilt these?

ronwiny

I am an experienced beginner who has done mostly overalls (end to end line dancing, flowers, leaves, stars and a bunch of others). I take donations while I still am improving. A new 'client' will be advertising the quilting I do on these quilts (she sells her quilts, too). So I would like to do a better job, but don't want to risk too difficult a job on these three quilts.

Suggestions? The first one could be a table runner long and narrow. The second is a wall hanging and the third will probably be called a Christmas table topper.

howtoquiltit.pdf

I see feathers on the first one. The 2nd one is harder for me to decide what I would do. I would probably SID the main lady but not sure if I would echo the others or not. Maybe just SID the lady and the other main items and then fill in the rest. On the 3rd I'd start with a pointsettia in the middle and then do cc's and feathers to fill it up and make it pretty. Holly looks pretty on quilts like this too.

Those are very pretty. I would mostly follow Heidi's ideas. The first one would be fun with feathers in the partial squares and in the full squares or another separate design. The flower blocks I would do kind of an @ flower by quilting the flower and leaves. The second one, SID the lady, then I think of bands of feathers in the fans, and separate feathers in the blue bands. I think Heidi has the right idea for the third one.

Glad you are here.

I like the ideas so much! thank you. I looked at the first one all night and had already decided to accent the flower in the center with petals and leaves. I like the feathers in the partial two colored squares and the border. I love doing leaves so I think I will do something with leaves in the green partial squares...maybe extending the leaves from the center flower.

You guys are the best!

Archived