I use So Fine for piecing. It's not too thick and very strong. :)

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Originally posted by meg

i have a bernina 440 that i piece with and i rarely have any issues using different threads. i do, however, always use the same thread top and bobbin for piecing. i was told this when i got my machines. i have experienced OCCASIONAL thread breakage when using masterpiece, especially when chain piecing and ending with the needle down. maybe berninas don't like masterpiece.

i think i will experiment with sofine and bottom line before i buy anything else.

on an NQR note: i can relate to eliza jane as i, too, have recently started growing a beard!!!

:D:P:D:P:D:mad::mad::mad::mad::D:P:D:P:D:P:D:mad::mad::mad::mad:

;):P:P:P:P;):D:D:D:D

C5020C995E687C0D98C28C32DBCD1A0F.png

Kelly Summers

Prairie Sage Quilts

prairiesagequilts.com