BOBBIN WINDING ISSUE WITH NEW TURBO WINDER

Am having problems with the metal (not aluminum) bobbins on the turbo winder that I just got.  The bobbins start to fill normally and then as they are filling, they start to "spin" on the spindle.  I did try adjusting the tension on the winder but that didn't make any difference.  Am I not able to use my metal bobbins on the new winder?  They seem to work fine in the machine.  Thanks.

Thanks, I did put the rubber washer on there and it did not seem to make a difference.  I tried an aluminum and it worked fine.  sure hope I can still use the metal as I have a lot of them.  have a call in to APQS.  thanks again.  Happy Quilting!!

I remember a couple of ours doing that and can't remember if it was the steel or aluminum.  my Lenni didn't like the steel,

so traded them I think.  Can't remember what was wrong or what I did that fixed it, or if it was just a bobbin or two..

We've had more problems with it not filling evenly, sometimes jumping off the bobbin.  A couple of adjustments fixed that.

Have you been able to find a fix yet? 

Rita

I did speak with APQS, they are now "recommending" the aluminum with the new turbo winders.  I didn't have any problems with either bobbin with my old one, now wish I would have kept it.  Oh well.  They are sending me a grommet to put on after the steel bobbin is on to help it wind fully.  They won't take the steel in on trade, would have to try and sell and then buy new all over again. Will wait and see how their fix works.  Thanks everyone.

Glad you were able to find a solution.   The Steel bobbins aren't hard to sell at all.  Just sell part, order the aluminum, then sell  the rest and buy more.  I know, shipping kills..   this is a "just-n-case".

Thanks for letting us know what is going on.  Also, Please let us know if it works.. others might need to know.

Rita

Archived