Re-timing my machine

BethDurand

I'm pretty positive after reading info here that my girl is out of time, and needs some help. I remember hearing something that didn't sound "right", but I don't recall hitting anything, or what might have caused it. I'm now getting skipped stitches, and hearing a definete "click" sound with each insertion of the needle into the fabric.

Please think good thoughts that this will go easily, relatively quickly, and completely painlessly (painless for both of us.) After reading the info on the web this morning, I'm feeling rather confident that I can do this, preferably without having to call in the big guns of DH, and/or Mark and Dawn. Keep your fingers crossed for me and Esther Pearl.

Thansk, Beth

Hi Beth--

You can do this!! And when you are finished and you will feel great--this is the "biggie" that isn't as big as you think. The manual is invaluable. Get a strong light and a magnifier if some kind. Makes it so much easier. Post if you have questions and can't find help. Good luck!

Linda Rech

Good luck Beth,

Remember to check the height of your needle first it might not need retiming.

It sounds like the needle could be hitting the bobbin so make sure you check that bobbin for burrs/knicks or you could end up with thread catching and breaking when you next use it.

Sue in Australia

Archived