Traditional Pineapple Quilt Design Ideas

Don't have an answer to pineapples...but I've got a question about

"WEDDING RINGS"...I'm trying to get my courage up and put in my own quilt and try to do a decent job on it....Any suggestions on something that isn't too difficult for the center and then for the little (almond shaped) areas. I figure I'm not going to learn this machine if I don't just step out and try to do things, but this is very intimidating to me and I'd appreciate suggestions on a design that's "do-able" for me without alot of training yet.

Thanks.... ML

You might try" thinking in the box" Use a ruler and blue bgone pen ( test first) Make a line across side to side, top to bottom, and then use this guide to make half feathers ( feathers on one side, It gives the appearance of turning, moving. and the lines are your guide. Or the lines can give you a guide for hearts with the line as the center of the hearts and they meet in the middle. You might want to try something like that. Just a suggestion.

I looked at Myrna's Pineaple with circles. It is fabulous. I am taking Myrna's February class for the Hartley Fence. I have to learn that technique. Circles look great in so many designs. ANd her workbook on the Hartley makes everything so simple. I finally got mine put together and plan to try a few practice circles this weekend.

Myrna also has an inverted Pineapple that looks like she freehanded. That is also beautiful.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/233755935/233755935VBSKXx

Leslie Anne, you'll have to post a picture of your quilting when you are done so the rest of us can get more inspiration. Happy quilting.

You ladies are going to have a blast using your Fence now that the door has been opened it really is so simple and so many things you can do. Just open your idea box and go for it.

Linda, I am so excited about these classes . We are going to have some much fun and learn tons.

The pineapple quilt you posted was done freehand and I though it worked well in the block. If you look at the borders of that quilt , it was all done with my Fence. Actually that entire album is a good example of the classes we will be doing in Salt Lake. If you want to bring quilt tops we will discuss them as time permits.

Sara. the other pineapple was 1/2 in pieces, that was the only thing that(in my mind)did not distract or add confusing to the quilt . It did turn out beautiful. The concentric circles really popped the design lines in the quilt.

Don't we have a great job.

Myrna

Archived