Happy that George is on my team

Mrs.A

Remember that saying about how while everyone is in high school and college, their parents are so stupid and then, all of a sudden, once the kid hits late 20's the parents somehow become wise overnight?

I did so much complaining about George when he first arrived...about thread breaking and tension issues mostly. Now he has been here for 8 months and we have crossed some kind of threshold. He's become a team player! He is doing pretty much everything I ask of him including some very precise stitch placement (at very slow speeds) and he's been gracious enough to sew with almost any thread I try including 50 weight and 12 weight cotton threads that he wouldn't deal with a few months ago.

Ok, I know it is me that finally made the adjustment but I am so happy! Since I spent all that time 'bashing' him, I wanted to sing his praises to you tonight. Happy quilting!

Nancy in Tucson

Isn't it great when we finally get out minds around to where we know what we need to do to work everything out? My George is doing well also, I have been doing a queen sized quilt with 40 weight Aurifil on top and 50 in the bobbin. That choice is cheaper than using the King Tut and works as well or even better.

Glad your George and you have come to an agreement.

I just have to agree with you both, it is nice when George wants to do what we want him to..I have experimented with a new thread, YLI, using a 4. needle and really liked the way it worked. My LQS had some of the thread and did not like the way it sewed, so I sent her a few 4. needles to try and she said she also liked the way it worked. Yes, it is a good day when George behaves.:) Judy

Archived