Quilt Studio

Hi Marie

No-one has it yet, but it won't be long now.

I have CQ and I have trained on QS at Houston. First I will say they are both great systems because of two things they have in common:

(1) the software designers of both systems are dedicated and excited about keeping their systems rich in the features that quilters are asking for.

(2) the hardware that drives both systems is very similar and was chosen for "stitching accuracy and precise machine movement" -these systems work differently than other brands.

I'm sure it won't be long before APQS post a more comprehensive list of Quilt Studio's hardware specifications and software features so that customers can evaluate the different systems thoroughly before making their decisions.

Some things that I really liked about Quilt Studio are:

It has a tablet PC which operates wirelessly so can be moved around with me and is not stuck on top of the quilting machine so isn't affected by vibration and doesn't affect the weight of the machine

The software is designed so that the machine can be quilting AND I can be designing my next project at the same time

The software programme is Microsoft Visio so it has most of the features I already recognise and know how to use ie. copy, paste, edit, undo etc. Also digitising can be done in QS and is very easy to learn

The software allows us to use the .cmd., .cqp and .dxf files that we already have (if we had CQ). The software already comes with a library of shapes that we can edit in QS

Also, we can draw our own design on the tablet, open in Quilt Studio, then add any number of other designs, that are either ones that you've just drawn or purchased designs and join them together to make a new repeatable design.

We can edit a design to fit a certain quilting area, so if a shape is not perfect, we can edit individual points in the design to stretch to fit the area.

Those are just some of the things

Best wishes

sue in australia

Archived