Leveler roller too low

I noticed a clanging noise when I rolled the machine to one end. It seemed to happen when the roller came near the welding on top of the machine. In retrospect, the noise had to be the roller clanging against the machine. When I installed my zippers I noticed that my leveler roller had some drag. As soon as I advanced the quilt, the drag lessened. So I examined it when I removed the quilt.

I've read here that you should be able to fit your finger (up to the first knuckle) between the leveler roller and the top of the machine. I can't even fit a pencil between the roller and the machine. (see picture.)

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=439776799&photoID=2085751960027467058&security=sSsqSo

The post I read gave instructions to unscrew an eye-bolt to raise the leveler roller. My roller does not have an eye bolt. (see other picture.)

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=439776799&photoID=2778733170027467058&security=QhxtDi

Does anybody know how to raise this roller on an Ultimate I?

• 1 year later...

When setting the machine up I noticed that there is a severe bow in the leveler bar. I didn't think that it would cause a problem until I started to load a quilt and realized that the bar is dragging on the base expander so bad that the paint is coming off of the bar. I'm not sure what I need to do at this point. I called APQS tech support earlier today, but have not received a call back. :(

Tina

Creative Obsession Quilting Service

If you have the table with the square legs you will need to add washers under the carriers. If tyou have he current table(with round legs) just raise bolds using the wrence provided with your machine. You should just be able to insert you index finger up to the fiore knuckle between the table and the machine. this has been posted in a earlier thread. you might search on leveling bar.

John

Archived