NQR Thanks to Florida and Australia

This is a thank you to all the kind people all around the world.

We have brought our kids up to believe in the goodness of others.

Our daughter just got back from a ten day trip to Florida and had a great time on an Everglades tour, kayaking with the manatees, hiking in National Parks and doing a wee bit of shopping. She had nothing but good experiences and got a real kick out of Bubba Gump's Shrimp. So - thank you Florida.

As I mentioned before, our son is in Australia and was missing home at Christmas. We just got a note saying he was on Magnetic Island and was invited to a local lady's house (along with 8 or 10 others ) for Christmas dinner. How kind!! So - thank you , Australia.

All of this reassures us that no matter where a person goes, there is someone who will help when needed.

Best wishes to the quilting community in 2009. May you always have the right color of thread.

Sylvia from Canada

yes Sylvia, this world is full of good people who will help us. I'm so glad that your kids were the recipient of the kindness of others.

There was a time when DH & I went up to Canada and stayed at a beauifiul resort and got snowed in. Everyone there went out of the way to make sure we were ok and we made some beautiful friends who came down to the states and stayed with us. And it is always good to brag on those Good People out there. Speaking of good people, I could brag on this whole group!!!:cool:

Hi Sylvia

I am so happy your son had a great time on "Maggi Island" it is just down the road and offshore from where I live. A beautiful part of Far North Queensland.

My prayer this year was for peace on earth, maybe a tall order but I am an optimist.

Yes PattyJo this is an wonderful website, you should be receiving a parcel shortly from me. Before you open it make a nice hot cup of coffee and then enjoy......

Archived