Metal Bobbin question

I just ordered a dozen metal "L" size bobbins from Kings men and noticed that they seem to be slightly shorter in height than the ones I purchased from Columbia River earlier. They seem to fit, but I was wondering if this will cause a problem or will they just hold a little less thread? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Also, is this normal that L size bobbins vary in size?

Thanks,

Patty

Hi Patty,

I only use metal bobbins because I like to wind my own to match my thread. I have ran into a problem that I would like to share so hopefully you won't do the same thing. First of all I would like to day that APQS has metal bobbins for .50 each that where I get mine, once and only once did I get them somewhere else and will NEVER do that again. The other bobbins looked the same; however, when I used one I could here an almost scrapping-clanging sound, we I should have stopped then but kept going. The bobbin I used was a tiny tiny bit bigger than the APQS ones. The sound I heard was the back part of the bobbin getting shaved off. It ended up breaking thread many times, and the tiny metal shavings were stitched in.

SO. . . the moral to the story; I only use the APQS bobbins!! Hope this helps you and others.

Happy Quilting!

Ramona

Grammie, Thank you for your comments. I appreciate that! :)

Ramona, Thank you too for your response! That is not a good thing. Luckily, I have not had that problem. Are you ordering the aluminum ones from APQS or do they have the metal one with the wholes on one side? I'm not too crazy about the aluminum ones.

Patty

• 1 month later...

Archived