Nashville Bound...

Heather, thanks for your reply. I may just take a drive and see what I find.

Myrna, yes, Gaylord is beautiful...this is my 6th convention there, so I've seen it all several times. I've never had a vehicle to use before since we've usually flown into Nashville. This year we are driving (10 hours) so my chances to explore are all mine. Hope you are settled in your new location - sure been thinking of you - maybe God's put you in my mind for a reason...

Sharon.

Paducah is worth the drive. I rented a car and drove there from Opryland Hotel one year when my sisters girls were competing in the cheerleader competition the week between Christmas and New Years. Though we had reservations, they ran out of rooms by the time we got there, so we got to stay one of the expensive suites where celebrities stay...even had a leather phone in the bathroom. Best of all it was a distance away from the gazillion cheerleaders!

To tell you how long ago that was...the bicentennial quilts were on traveling show at the AQS Quilt Museum. Geez...I think machine quilting was just gaining acceptance...wow I'm old :o

Anita

Archived