ID Ribbons for MQX

DB

Heidi and I are coming up on Wednesday. I think that we had plans for dinner on Wednesday but not Thursday because I think that is the day of the Fashion Show. I would be game for dinner on Thursday. That would take care of all dinners on the nights we are there. I don't have a car but would be willing to walk if it isn't really far and the weather is suppose to be nice too.

Charlotte

I'm arriving Wed. as well but am in classes from 10a to 10p. I'm starting to think that I might have over booked myself. When am I going to get any shopping in?Thursday I'm done by 6p. There isn't supposed to be any rain this week but this area has been pretty cold. Below freezing at night. Is anyone going to the breakfast on Thursday? I'd like to go if someone else is going.

Bonnie, I know you're at the show, has anyone picked up an ID flower/ribbon? Do we need more?

Dianne

Anyone needing an ID flower/ribbon please either track down Bonnie or if she has run out I will be bringing up more on Wed. We initially thought 9ish people from this site would be attending but recounted after Bonnie and I met up on Sunday and came up with a few more people. I am taking class 310 Incorporating Instant Fills on Wed from 10a-12 and 317 Less Stress Feathers 1p-5p. I will also be staying with Sandra Darlington Wed night.

Dianne

Dianne,

I want to thank you too for going to trouble of making the flowers and ribbons. I really enjoyed talking to you and hope you got home safely with all that thread. We shopped a little more after see you and left for home around 2:45. I hope I get to see you again next year if not before.

Charlotte

Hi Dianne, Charlotte, Bonnie, Heidi, Laurie, Catherine, Linda, and all my new wonderful friends.....

I enjoyed meeting all of you! I also had the pleasure of rooming with Dianne and then Catherine and wanted to say what wonderful roommates they were. The flowers that Dianne made were a great way to recognize other APQS friends. Thanks, Dianne. Catherine, I hope you are almost home as I am writing this. I know you had a very long flight home to the Big Island. Also, the Kona Coast Macadamia chocolates are delicious!!! Thanks so much.

Bonnie, you are as warm, wonderful and funny as I imagined you to be and please say hi to Siana (sorry if I misspelled it); she is so sweet. I'm glad I got to meet Belinda (Bonnie's friend from Australia) and Karen from Maine. What nice people! I enjoyed dinner with Charlotte, Heidi, Linda and all the others plus a nice lunch with Laurie. Linda's debut teaching at a national show was really first rate, too. Linda, thanks for a very informative class.

The APQS maintenance class was so helpful. Thanks, Amy. Amy, if you are reading this, I hope your finger heals asap. How aweful! Karen Mc mentioned you needed three stitches. (:

I got home about 2 hours ago. My husband is at his class reunion, so I was able to put my 42 cones of Superior thread away, my set of 3 ovals from the Gadget Girls, my Circle Lord purchases (Ginko, Aztec, small feather, small Azec), a pile of books, an MQX apron and a few CDs and some marking pens away before there were any horrified looks. :P

I had a great time at MQX thanks to all of you and the terrific teachers.

I had a great time at MQX. It was great meeting my on line friends from this site and making new friends not on this site. I took some wonderful classes and hopefully will be able to get to quilting this week so I can remember some of the techniques that I just learned. I did a bit of shopping and actually made out pretty well at Superior thread, always a destination.

Sandra, Thank you for letting me room with you and for helping me carry my thread down to the car. It was a pleasure getting to know you. I actually went back twice to Superior. Sounds like you bumped up the shopping from when I saw you.

Charlotte and Heidi, I had such a nice time chatting with you two and having dinner with the two of you and Sandy. Maybe we can work out the retreat up in Maine that I mentioned. Heidi, I am so glad that you are not the person that I thought you were! Many congratulations on the ribbons.

Bonnie and Siana, It was nice meeting the two of you again. Bonnie, I am sorry that I didn't see you more often.

Lisa, I wish I could have found you again down at the vendors, I looked for you after coming back down from the room but couldn't find you. Sorry, but I just couldn't carry all that thread around.

Joan, It was nice meeting you. I hope that you are now on this site. Lots of nice people and wonderful info.

Catherine, Jeanne and Irene, I am sorry that our paths didn't cross. I would have loved to meet you guys.

I am glad that the flower ribbon pins helped people spot each other. I would certainly be happy to throw something together again next year. Also I was thinking that since I am only a very easy 18-20 minute drive from Providence, that next year I would throw a barbeque so we could all get together on some night when there are no events.

I ended up buying, 5 wide backs from Christian Lane, some stencils and a pounce pad that were recommended by Pam Clark during a class I took with her. A beginner's packet of about 10 templates, plus 2 rope templates from Gadget girls. 114 cones of thread, most from Superior. And at the last minute I swung over to Circle Lord and picked up a basic set up and 3 extra templates. I think I'm set till next year.

Dianne

Archived