ID Ribbons for MQX

DB

If anyone is interested I would be willing to put together ribbons that could be pinned to your MQX ID or your collar for use during the show. That way we could all spot each other. I would mail them to everyone 2 weeks before the show, which is coming up soon.

After the show we could maybe even mail them to our friends that are attending MQS.

Dianne

Dianne,

That would be a great ID. Maybe instead of mailing them out you could leave them at the APQS booth. I don't know how many people would want them but it could get expensive. I'm planning on coming for a day or two. I haven't decided for sure yet. I really want to take Renae Haddin's classes and I think one is Thur. & the other Friday. I was planning on coming Friday and leaving Sat. I may change my plans!

Heidi, I don't plan on getting to MQX till Wed morning. Renae has a class on Thursday? Hmmm, I'm going to have to check my Thursday schedule, I might want to sign up for it. Is it for using the rays? Rulers are definitely on my hit list this year...if I survive the stampede at Superior Threads.

Dianne

Originally posted by DB

if I survive the stampede at Superior Threads.

I highly suggest you get your football pads on and a hockey stick and then you might be ready to go into that booth. Its definitely a feeding frenzy that's for sure, and its almost a laughing event if you don't need to go in there and just watch the others scurry around and grab. I even had one lady take a spool out of my basket because she thought she needed it more than I did....not a pretty thing, and I won.:cool:

Dianne,

These are the two classes I want to take:

Class 428 Technicalities: Turning Ideas into Award Winning Quilts

Class 533 All the Bells and Whistles

I had the class last year on using her tool and it was fabulous! This will help take it up another notch! Her quilts are spectacular and I'm sure I'll learn many, many things. I just need to figure out if I can afford to take 2 more days off of work! I have plenty of vacation on the books but unfortunately it is my very busy season and I'm already taking off 2 weeks in May for my son's wedding! Oh yeah and I'm going to Lancaster right before this so not sure I can manage it. We'll see.

Originally posted by fabric007

.I am just wondering if superior threads is the best thread that everyone likes or do they have limited supplies on hand so everyoe goes there first??? I guess no extra shipping charges help too..need to know so I can go there first!

No they don't have a limited supply...in fact I have been there when the booth was cleaned out and they were expecting ANOTHER huge shipment from Utah when FedEx or UPS delivered that day....they make sure the booth is very well stocked...its just that good.

Last year Signature thread also had a booth, but they were pretty picked over as well. I also saw YLI last year but I didn't see anything on cones, which is what I was looking for. I don't know if they were just out of cones or don't carry them. Kingsmen was also there, I don't remember what thread they were carrying. I know I bought something from them.

Dianne

Guest Linda S

It would be great to have an APQS ribbon or ID tag! Now I only have to remember to look for them. ;) I'll be at MQX from Sunday to Sunday -- just can't get enough!!

Linda

PS. I forgot to say that Superior makes the most wonderful threads. I've learned, however, that, if you have a business account, it's easier to order on line and have it shipped to your house than have to brave the crowd and then stuff it all in your suitcase. I realize, however, those of you who don't live in Oregon or New Hampshire would also most likely have to pay sales tax.

I'll be there from Monday until Saturday. I would love to have a name tag, too. I want to meet as many of you as I can.

Dianne,

If you make the tags you could mail them to me to take to the show, since I'll get there around noon on Saturday. BTW, are you still planning to room with me while you're there?

Sandy

I love the idea of having a way of recognizing the people who are on this forum. Diane if you want some money to help with supplies just let me know. I do agree with Heidi that we should pick them up at the APQS booth and then we could drop them back off so they could be taken to the MQS show. I hope I get to see many of you. I will be going with Heidi. Right now we have a room in the Hilton for Wednesday through Saturday morning. I am going to keep calling to see if there is a cancellation in the Radisson.

Charlotte

APQS Ribbons...that is a great idea! One should come with every machine.

As a matter of fact, I've suggested it to APQS in the past, Not sure why a company would not want the free advertising from satisfied customers. I agree, the cost of mailing would add up for you. Maybe we could pick them up at the APQS booth.

Lisa

The more I think about this the more I think us expecting the APQS booth people to hand these out isn't the best way...they are busy and they have TONS of people there.

Why not get them to me and I can pass them out....I'll be there from Sunday afternoon to late Saturday...and I am all over the place, and busy with helping where ever they need me... OR maybe we can set up a small place in the lobby where we can meet and I can pass them out there.... As we all don't have the same schedules we can even have a meeting place to gather and visit. There is a sitting area with couches and chairs in the lounge area just past the reservations desk...maybe there. Or we can meet in the area where they are having the table and chairs for lunches.... Anywhere will be better than expecting the APQS booth people to do it....Diane what do you think about this since you are the one making them???

• 1 month later...

OK, If any one was still wondering about the "ID ribbons" Bonnie now has someand should already be up at the hotel. Met up with her this morning and passed some over to her. I wanted to plan some thing that would be easy to spot but different enough that another group wouldn't come up with the same thing. So our "IDs" are little, about 1" rose buds with green ribbon tied beneath the bud. They are pinkish/yellow in color. A little bit girly/girly. Pins on the back. Track down Bonnie if you need or want one. I will bring up more on Wed. if needed. We figured about 9-10 people are on this chat will be attending MQX.

Also how about getting together on Thursday night for dinner? We could meet in the lobby. Both Bonnie and I will have vechicles.

Dianne

Thanks Dianne for getting the ribbons for us. I like to think I'm a girly girl so they sound just perfect!

Dinner Thursday night sounds great but we do have tickets for the Fashion Show so I'm not sure if anyone else is going to that or not or how the timing will play out.

Since this is our first Show, we are pretty much 'doing it all'.:D

Archived