New SID ruler

I have the 8" Fine Line ruler. While I think it's a very nice ruler for Cross Hatching---it works great for that, :) I still prefer Megan Best's ruler with the notched out edge for stitching in the ditch as I don't have to make sure the reference line on the Fine Line ruler is exactly a 1/4" away from the edge of where I'm going to be stitching.

With Megan Best ruler I just have to line up the two protruding ends of the ruler with the line on my block (ditch) and I'm good to go. :)

post--13461901291578_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Kelly,

I did get my rulers and I've been playing a little. It is taking me a little bit to get used to holding the ruler this way but I will say that it stays where you put it and I like that! On the applique ruler it is exactly the same as the regular one except the bottom is softer which allows it to glide around better. I'm going to try it on my staight lines too. RIght now I'm doing SID around paper pieced stars so I'm moving the ruler all the time. I don't think I'll like this ruler much for applique because most of my applique is curved and I just don't like having only a straight edge. My favorite method for doing applique is using Sharon Schambers foam method. It just works for me and I don't have to stress about rulers. I'm sure it is a comfort thing.

Archived