Teaching another class at MQX!

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

As some of you know, I am teaching a beginning longarm class "Just the Basics," at MQX this year. It will be an overview of how to load your quilt, keep it straight, prevent puckers in the backing, stabilizing, frogging, how to use templates, stencils, outline applique', etc.

I will also be the substitute teacher for the "Making and Quilting a Feathered Star," which was originally to be taught by my best friend Ronda Beyer. Ronda had knee replacement surgery last month and is under doctor's orders not to fly for at least six months. We will be using Ronda's Spanish Rose pattern to make the Feathered Star and then I will give you ideas for quilting when you are finished. We will complete the center medallion in class. If you are interested, please register for the class at http://www.mqxshow.com You will then need to email Ronda with your snail mail address so she can send you cutting directions and some triangle paper for making your HSTs BEFORE class. I'll then show you how to assemble the Feathered Star itself.

Whether you take one of my classes or not, I look forward to meeting you all at MQX!!

Linda

And that's just the class I need....a beginning long arm class. I have had my milli since last June and am enjoying the time I get to spend on it. It's never enough! But I am retiring this July and that means more quilting time. MQX or MQS will have to wait until 2010 for me but I am contemplating attending Innovations 2009....no conflicts at that time of year.

I know your students will enjoy both classes you are teaching! Maybe you will be teaching again in 2010 and I will sign up :)

Guest Linda S

We'll see how well the class is received CeCe. I've been to MQX for the last five years, so I'm fairly certain I'll be there again next year.

Linda

Archived