Hopping foot

Good day all

I have noticed when looking for the ever beloved gadgets that some templates are for a 3/4 " hopping foot and some are for 1/2 ". I have also read that APQS are sometimes equipped with a 3/4" hopping foot. I have measured the foot on my liberty from the fabric to the top of the foot and it measures 1/2 inch. Soooo, my question is , how do you measure to ensure the size of hopping foot that is on your machine.

Thanks, Ann

• 5 months later...

Came across constitines quilts shell template and it says that it comes in 2 sizes (based on what hopping foot you have)

1) would be for APQS with the larger hopping foot

2) would be for all other machines

So my question is which one would I get if I have an APQS Liberty that is only 1 year old?

Thanks for your help :)

Joann

I'm bumbing this up hopefully someone can answer

is that hoping foot upgrade the same foot as the "millie"" or newer machines, ie the same size I like the tightness of it the one from the gadget girls is huge and makes micro stitching a bear.

what size foot is it?

Hi Susan,

You can't really get a smaller foot on the U-II like the Milli or the other machines. The U-II is a gliding or presser foot and the others hop. That is why the U-II's are larger in diameter or else they would get stuck in seams and bite into the fabric too much. How do I know this? The very first U-II's made had the smaller foot and we had to recall them and change them out to what we have now. The Gadget Girls have the larger built up foot for ruler work and it still has to be larger in diameter so it will float properly. I hope this answers everyones questions. :)

Take care,

Archived