New batting??

I don't know if this is true, but maybe someone else has the "rest of the story" as Paul Harvey used to say!

he following post is from another long-arm group, have any of you heard this?

HD Wilbanks (the tall man you always see in the Hobbs booth at shows and who most quilters thought was Mr. Hobbs !!!) started the craft products division of Hobbs Bonded Fibers over 26 years ago and has developed a brand line of quality battings by listening to quilters and working hard to make customer service as important as quality and supply. This division [under the direction of

HD] was grown from -0- to a world wide staple in the industry.

Hobbs has decided to "take the craft products division into a fresh new direction". Hobbs Bonded Fibers "ended relations " with HD.

Pellon Consumer Products hired HD the following working day, long story short, the new Pellon Quilting Division will introduce a full/new line of battings

at Spring Market. HD's new email address hdwilbanks@gmail.com]

Let us know........enquiring minds!!

If this is true, I agree Sheryl! :mad: Terrible way to treat people! But, I've heard things like this so often lately, in this world of corporate greed. It used to be you were a loyal employee and the employer was loyal to you. Not so anymore. I used to work for a very high end, large landscaper in the area and he used to brag to all of us about his Christian values. If you saw how he treated people you knew that was a big joke! He had no qualms about having people fired while he was out of town and did not have to face them. When I got laid off he did not even have the common decency to come and say goodbye to me. When I went to look for him to say my goodbyes, he was hiding somewhere. Real nice:(

So, I'm hoping Mr. Wilbanks will get the support and recognition he deserves!

I'll be trying to follow this story!

Yes, it's true. I'm registered with Hobb's as a wholesale customer so HD had my email address when he left Hobbs. I received some emails last week explaining the whole situation (although he did NOT badmouth Hobbs regarding his departure... class act). He went over to Pellon immediately and when they were unsuccessful in buying the batting division of Hobbs, they began to create a Pellon quilting division. HD is in charge and they hope to introduce their full line of quilt batting at Spring Market. I have been a loyal user of Hobb's wool and Heirloom battings but will certainly give the new Pellon line a try when it is available.

Nancy in Tucson

Archived