one wheel is stuck

So I finished Cinderella last evening, today I cleaned and serviced my baby in preparattion of loading my mystery quilt. I unhoked the CQ cables, and My Missy seems really stiff going front to back, side to side is fine. I noticed the wheel that sits above the encoder box on the sewing head is not turning. I have checked and there is no thread or fluff in there, any ideas on what else should check? It almoost feels like the CQ cable is still hooked up. Any ideas???????????

thanks for the suggestions everyone, I fixed it. I don't know what was wrong with it, but it is working now. I reconnected the cq cables, moved it around a bit, parked it and unhooked the cq cables, everything working great now! Gremlins??? Haunted? Whatever it was, good now!

The same thing happened to me yesterday.

I was showing someone how to do a panto and it seemed so stiff. Couldn't make circles properly, nor follow the panto.

Thought I had lost all skill. Worried me a bit.

My husband noticed 2 wheels seemed to have tightened. Amy had told us there should be a slight space in between the wheel and the rail. It should not be really tight.

A bit of light should show thru. These wheels were tight. Once loosened, it worked smoothly. I do wonder if the movement of CQ tightened the wheels somehow. Now I will check periodically.

Archived