Looking for ideas on Library Quilt

I have been given the honor of doing the quilting on a quilt made for our local library. We have an old library that has had a new addition put on it and it's lovely. Island City Piecemakers decided to make a quilt to fit over the fireplace. The colors of the quilt will blend in with the new furniture in the library. The colors are really lovely, tan, cream, black. I think the quilt is very pretty, but now I have to "quilt it anyway you think". Those words! I could use some inspiration, as I am so very close to this quilt and the ladies in the group. (I'm the treasurer). The library will be dedicated in July, so I have some thinking time. Ideas anyone?

I like all of Theo suggestions, but would do a sashing treatment on the three piece sashing strips and either just SID around the pictures or some background filler in the non-building spaces of the pictures. Or you could outline the buildings to help them show up. I would want the pictures to really stand out, not the quilting on this one.

Someone just had a nice sashing quilting on here or the inspiration section. It was on the white/cream sashing with red squares in the quilt.

Archived