Ultimate 1 will not stop stitching

I have recently acquired an Ultimate 1 machine. I used to have an A-1, but that's a long story. This is a great machine, but when I push the button to stop, it keeps on going at least 30 seconds. Is this how it is supposed to be, or should it stop right away? If something is wrong, how do I fix it? Thanks!

I have an Ultimate II, but the machine should stop stitching when you press on the on/off handle button. I would investigate that contact under the button, or the wiring to the handle. It sounds like something is not making good contact.

You might just need new switches. I recently had the same problem with my plain Jane Freedom. I never knew if it would start or stop when I pushed the button. Really frustrating when doing ruler work! Got new switches from APQS and my favorite electrical guy put them in for me. (he's cute and works for baked goods- that's why he's my favorite)

• 3 months later...

Hi Patty,

If your U-I has the needle positioner on it, that might need adjusted just like our Milleniums do. If the positioning speed is too fast, then it doesn't know where to stop. A very easy adjustment on the circuit board will take care of it. Give Amy a call if you are still having problems and we can get you taken care of! :)

Archived