software ?

Theo, I have been looking at this program and am so excited at it's possibilities! I have ordered it and can hardly wait till I get it. Does it take a long time to learn? I do wish I would have had the opportunity to take a class from ya'll at MQS 2009. Maybe next year. . . :)

The program is very easy to learn :)

Our company's mission statement is: "making digitizing easier"

Best way to learn is to watch the tutorial movies # 1 and 5 on page: http://www.pre-designstudio.com/tutorials.htm

Each movie just takes a couple of minutes.

And then try that yourself: open the leaf-image via menu Background > Load from picture file (it is in the folder Pattern Samples in the Pre-Design Studio program folder after installation).

Take the curve tool and trace the leaf, clicking from point to point, double-clicking at the end. Use as few points as possible. That way the lines are nice and smooth, an editing takes less time too with just a few points.

Then take the Select Tool and edit by selecting and moving points.

Select All, right-click and choose size: set the desired height of your panto (assuming you are creating a panto first). Then copy (Ctrl+C), scroll away, paste (Ctrl+V), move the copy to align (maybe right-click and mirror or flip it). Repeat and then choose menu File > Print Pattern.

It will print the panto automatically divided over numbered pages.

Tape the pages together using this tip to make it a breeze:

Secure the pages on the table with little post it notes. Then take sellotape and tape the pages together. The post-it notes will keep everything nicely in place (otherwise the pages would jump to the sellotape as soon as you take it from the dispenser).

Your first panto is ready :)

Then watch the other movies on the website.

Have fun!

Loes

leaving for Kansas in a couple of hours...

Archived