Next CL Purchase - need input!!!????

Hawaii

I am just about ready for the next round of CL "toys" (purchased Swirls and Square Dance last year at MQS and love both). I DO want to pick up two more king sized templates and wanted input from the experts.

I am leaning toward the 8" Baptist Fan (king, 2 rows) and the 7 Treasures of Buddha (king). But I am also thinking the combined 7" Baptist Fan (1 row) and the Clam Shell template. And what about the Zig Zag template? Omigosh, too many choices! Help!!!!

What about the Basic Unit? How often do you folks use that? I am thinking that the curved cross hatching looks like something that I could live with????

And Mary Beth, how about a second career in teaching classes on the CL??? Think about all the places you could explore (and teach CL on the side!). Just an aside, received your rulers - thank you, thank you!

Barbara - You will love the 7 Treasures. It does cirlces, pinched diamons, pumpkin seeds and there are so many cool ways of configuring it. If you scroll down on the 7 Treasure page, you will see the overlapping cirlces, the pampas grass added to the Treasures.

I have the BF and they are great on traditional quilts. I just got the mini clam and curved cross-hatch and can't wait to use them.

I use my Starz, Spirals, ans Aztec but I use my Cross-hatch more than any of the others. Cross-hatch gives such a WOW-factor when used as a background behind applique. People love it. It looks hard to do but not with the CL. I have the green 18" one.

I love the basic unit for circles. I love to surround a motif with double circle lines (concentric). It really makes the motif stand-out. The basic unit comes with these 4 pieces called squircles that enable you to make circles of just about any size. It is so easy.

I can't wait to hear what other peoples favs are.

Originally posted by Hawaii Omigosh, too many choices! Help!!!!

What about the Basic Unit? How often do you folks use that? I am thinking that the curved cross hatching looks like something that I could live with????

And Mary Beth, how about a second career in teaching classes on the CL??? Think about all the places you could explore (and teach CL on the side!). Just an aside, received your rulers - thank you, thank you!

No...thank you for the beautiful Hawaiian fabric..I have it draped across the back of my computer chair at the moment so I can dream of tropical places. I didn't expect to receive such as beautiful piece of fabric with the payment of the rulers...but I love the idea....now I'm looking for more stuff to sell :D

CL templates...favorites...humm...that is a tough one. I too love the 7 Wonders template...it is easy and quilts up fast when you get in the rhythm. It is awesome. I don't have it...but I think Square Dance would be a great one too and it is next on my list.

CL Base? Yes, I use it a lot. Like Linda a use the 18" template and it does look great. I use it in blocks and in borders. I also use the Feathered Wreath, because mine look terrible.

I just ordered the Mini Clam and can't wait to get it. Oh, I ordered a few more...but I can't remember right now what they are :)

I know...I'm not very helpful. I have the King Zig-Zag and I like it. It has so many patterns available on that one board - so many variations of the crosshatch....and Lips!!

Here is what I recommend. Think about what you "think" you would use most. Then put your list in numerical order of importance and start collecting ;) That is my plan.

Archived