Hi Dawn,

The Moxies group was started by Beth Durand and a few other Portland, Oregon area APQS owners a couple of years ago. The first meeting had about 12 including a few spouses. Our biggest meeting had 30 or so attending.

All interested quilters are welcome--you do not need an APQS machine to attend--or any machine for that matter. We have no by-laws, dues, or rigid structure--just a love of the art and a need to connect with others of a like mind. Meetings are random--we try for 3 or 4 times a year.

Officially (?) we are the Moxie Machine Quilters Group, so named by our unofficial King/CL expert---Jim Hogan. Moxie refers to grit, determination, and flair.

It is a fun, caring, laughter-filled meeting--as is usually the case when you get a group of quilters together.

Next meeting is at Seaside, Oregon on July 26th.

Their next meeting is in July..... AND I will miss it by just a few days unless they want to change the date for ME. I will be in Kirkland on the 18th of July....so Linda, Here I come. Actually don't change the date...I can't come to Seaside anyways...to far from Kirkland and I will only be there for Saturday and Sunday....need to be back in Montana on Monday or Tuesday.

No Kristina..we won't be dropping down into Nevada or at least I don't think we are...

Gene's brother has Pancreatic Cancer and we are planning a small 2 day trip to be with him, while he is still strong enough to see people.... I will be in Montana for about 2 weeks on vacation and family reunion.

Archived