Slippery + Slippery Threads?

Hi.

I have a customer who wants a screaming orange Highlights (40 weight high sheen poly) on the back of her grandson's quilt and a Rainbows (50? weight shiny poly) on top. I explained the slippery-ness of them and how the starts and stops will show. It is a bright quilt with very busy fabrics for a 4 year old, so she does not care about anything showing! She is reasonable and nice.

Wool batt, cotton fabrics on top and cotton/poly cheapo stuff on back. It is twin sized. Perfectcl pieced and pressed.

Will this work or is it just too slippery for frequent machine washing?

It did look nice.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Lisa

APQS Liberty

NW New Jersey

Lisa I have used rainbows in both my bobbin and the top and it worked fine. It just took me a little bit to get the tension tweeked and I did knot and bury the ends. I have had a lot of cotton/poly cheap stuff for backings lately and surprisingly they have quilted up much better than I anticipated. I also get a lot of new sheets which work up fine too, I just have to be careful about frogging because the holes sometimes are hard to get out. Have fun with the bright thread.

Guest Linda S

Hey Lisa - it would require extra time, but if you're doing over all quilting and don't have to start and stop too often, you could actually tie the two threads together and bury the knots. Then I would also use some small stitches and make sure the starts and stops are stitched over the knot. Kind of a hassle, but I too always worry about two slippery threads.

Linda

Archived