RulerMate on Lenni plus Important accessories.

Tracy & Kath

Congratulations on ordering your machines. Up till now I think mine has been the only Lenni in the UK.

I have a Rulermate. After much research, I considered it to be one of the best choices and I haven't been disappointed.

Sadly, Circle Lord will not be at FOQ. He does the two main machine quilting shows - MQX & MQS in the US. I have a CL. If you are ever nearby you are welcome to have a go on mine.

Also I shall be at FOQ. I'm not in front of my calendar, but it is either the Thursday/Friday, pretty sure it's the Thursday.

How long do you have to wait for your machine?

Hi Chris

Thank you. .....I think I will order the Rulermate soon rather than wait till Lenni gets here, as I am quite keen to try ruler work.

Just was not to keen on losing any sewing space, but from what everyone has said it should not be a problem.

For me It will be nearly 2 weeks on Friday since I placed the order, so hopefully not much longer than another 6 weeks. :D

It is a shame that Circlelord will not be at FOQ, but I have quite alot to learn, so it is not something I have to have straight away.

Trying to convince myself.......take little steps :P

Nadia,

Thanks so much for the advice on setting up the Lenni. I am sure my DH will appreciate it. :D

Kath

I so agree with you, waiting is the hardest part. "I want it and want it now":D

Everyone else

I am a little confused, (people that know me would say I was alot confused) Hartley Fence, Circle Lord, Ruler mate, base extender, what do I order? I am sure that some do the same thing and it will be down to personal preference, any advice on what to get would be sooooooooooo appreciated.

regards

Tracy G

Tracy,

No problem! In regards to ordering stuff for your Lenni...first off you need to decide what directon you will take your quilting into...are you going to do alot of freehand work? are you going to do only pantographs, edge to edge quilting? are you quilting for yourself only or are you going to take in customer quilts? what style/kind of quilting do you like? The Hartley Fence and CircleLord (and now the Quiltazoid and Topper) are add-ons to accurately stitch out certain shapes and more (like squares, cirlces, etc...have a look at the CircleLord website and blog, you'll see what I mean). I am sure owners of those systems will chime in here. These systems do cost $$, so you need to decide if it fits in your quilting plan.

If you are only going to do panto (edge to edge) quilting, then investing in a bunch of paper pantos would be in your future. Any time you will be doing ruler work, working from the front of your machine (freehand), then you will need a base of some sort, either kind. To start out with, even if practicing you will need a base, so do get that and a ruler to use asap. I have the Hartley base on my Lenni and it works, I have not tried Donita's yet so cannot comment on it. I would suggest that once your machine is set up and you have practiced for a while then decide what other add-ons you would like...unless of course money is not an issue...

oh, yes, and thread, you will need thread in different colors along with some batting. Superior, WonderFil, Aurifil, etc threads work great in our machines, as does many other brands out there.

Archived