Doodlebug Help.../thread guide YIPPIE!!!

ok ladies I am a goddess... I finally tried to just pushthe thread guide up and it went on. I had to wrangle it a bit to get it up far enough to put the needle screw in. I checked for burrs and that my needle bar was still correct by lowering it and checking to make sure I could see the eye of the needle with needle down. Tomorrow I will load my first quilt to try it on one of my quilt tops. I am going to try a lot of custom stuff. I will post pics when it is done. Shannon I cannot thank you enough. If I can ever return the favor please call me any time.

Hi, it's Nora. Shannon I have been at it for a few hours now and no luck. About the only thing I can say that is good is I have not broken another guide. I bought a very small hammer and I'm using needle nose plyers to hold the guide with. Anything I'm forgetting to do?.

Nora

Millennium

Washougal WA

it doesn't go on quitely and it requires some 'rougher-than-you'd-want-to-go' handling i remember me and davis having to beat it to submission (just kidding).

if you start hammering in on, once it is on, double check your needle bar height before stitching. (top of the eye barely visible in bobbin area at the lowest point before beginning upswing.)

sorry your having a hard time, but it is SO worth the benefits of fighting with it...

Archived