Orange County Quilt Shops

My daughter will be visiting Costa Mesa (hope I got that right) & I was wondering if there are any quilt shops in the area. She has graciously told me she will travel within a 15 minute taxi ride of her hotel to look for fabric!

Your fabric is priced better than ours so I have my fingers crossed!:)

It's been several years since I lived there, so can not vouch for the condition of these places today, but here are some good ones withing a 1/2 hour drive of the OC airport. She can Google for directions:

Timeless Quilts, & The Quilt Cupboard, 1135 E. Lincoln Ave, Anaheim

Material Possessions, 22600 Lambert St., #905c, Lake Forest (this is in an industrial area & looks like a warehouse from the outside. Don't be fooled by appearance. It's like a rather expensive Paradise inside.)

Leah's Fabric Gallery, 2 locations, Tustin & Mission Viejo (they don't have a web presence at all, presumably don't need one. They are great little shops & will be listed in the local Orange County phonebook).

Bear's, 10722A Trask Ave, Garden Grove (this one is new, but the owner, a guy named Bear, who looks kind of like his name, belonged to my guild when I lived there, & is a very experienced quilter, so it should be nice).

Jenny's Discount Fabric, 8984 Warner, Fountain Valley, &

M&L Discount Fabric, 3420 W. Ball Rd., Anaheim (In these last two, owned by the same people, a CAREFUL shopper can find incredible bargains. You have to sift through a lot of junk to get to it. M&L is much larger, Jenny's is a bit more selective.)

JoAnn's, a chain store that's everywhere in OC, is a good place to shop for notions, but NOT fabric.

Good luck on finding a cab, she is better off to rent a car for a day. Probably cheaper, too. Let us know what she brings back.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there have been a couple of closures on the list Catherine gave you. Material Possessions is no more. Leah's is also closed in Orange but a new store has opened recently close to the old location. It is called Orange Quilt Bee, 628 Katella Avenue, Orange, Ca 92867, orangequiltbee.com. The other Leah's location is under new ownership and the location changed, it is now A Time To Sew, 27071 Cabot Road #101, Laguna Hills, Ca 92653 a-time-to-sew.com. There is a small store in Tustin, Flying Geese, 307 El Camino Real, Tustin, Ca 92780 flyinggeesefabric.com, which as far as I know is still open. We have another new store called Sewing Party, 23552 Commerce Center Drive suite H, Laguna Hills, Ca 92653,sewingparty.com

I hope this helps. Things seem to be changing so much with the economy it is difficult to keep track.

Sue

Catherine,

Jack and Leah did retire. Leah has some health issues last year and they decided that it was time. They sold the Mission Viejo store and just had the Orange store when Leah became ill. I haven't seen either of them since the Long Beach show last year but believe that they are well as I haven't heard otherwise.

Sue

Archived